View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Cobalt

I have used Eastern for the past 20 years, and never had a problem with their techs or service.

I purchased my home new in 1998, and it had a Weil Mclane Gold oil burner with a power vent. Oil burners do not operate as clean as gas or propane fired burners, and using a power vent does create some issues. In my case, the long length of exhaust pipe to the vent created an odor of fuel oil when the unit shut off. We extended the run time of the power vent once the unit shut off, but it really did not help. The power vent seemed to run forever on cold nights.

I had Eastern install a propane Weil McLain Ultra propane unit. This was about 15 or 16 years ago, and the unit was plagued with problems. It had an aluminum heat exchanger that would get plugged with scale among other electrical issues. The install by Eastern was extremely professional, and all their techs were top notch in my opinion. After seeing how many problems this unit experienced, I purchased a Blue Ribbon Plan from Eastern which included an annual cleaning, and free labor and parts for any future problems. The plan also included replacing the unit at no charge if could not be fixed. The unit must be fairly new and approved by Eastern before they will insure it.

I was somewhat skeptical, but Eastern installed a new Viessmann Boiler last year at no charge under the service contract. I also use them as my propane supplier.

I hope this helps.

Cobalt
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote