View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #108
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowit View Post
Drove through WAM for the first time the other day. I have to say it looks like a shanty town with all those gazebos. Quite disgusting and depressing if you ask me. Do people camp in those things? Skid Row is great description for it. Just my opinion.
I havent been in a couple of years, but in the past we were regulars there, used the launch ramp for day trips.

The gazebos you reference were very inconsistent, some were kept very neat and the people appeared very quiet and friendly, while others kinda fit your description and had loud and rowdy characters hanging out.

But then its the same at the sand bars and any town dock and any waterfront restaurant. Winnipesaukee attracts the whole spectrum.

In the last 20 years I would not keep a boat on wet slip, too many problems with the bottom getting nasty, and the boat always dirty from being out in the open so we trailered.

The last couple of years we have been at Paugas Bay Marina in the valet program and its so much better than a wet slip. Their location is great and they have been outstanding to work with.

I still miss having the boat at home to clean and do maintenance, but dont miss having to drive extra miles to find a ramp and deal with the ramp traffic and parking challenges.

And as far as WAM, I would find it hard to go back knowing what was going on there. Sorry but it would bother me to support such a place until EVERYONE associated with that happened is gone and its under new ownership and management.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: