View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 07:54 AM   #55
SailinAway

Default First impression of the EGO Power+ LM2101 battery mower

https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-LM2.../dp/B08GPZ1XLJ

Honestly I was stunned when I started it up and began mowing. It's much quieter than a vacuum cleaner. You could listen to the radio while mowing. Pushes very easily with a weight of 55 lbs plus battery weight (5 lbs?). The blade seems super sharp. The quality of the cut seems fine. Recharged in 30 minutes. Not sure how long the battery runs because it arrived with a partial charge as expected so I only got to mow for 15 minutes. I'll test that today. It was so much fun mowing that I switched on the headlights and continued mowing after dark. The headlights are quite bright.

So far I'm glad I didn't get the self-propelled version. At 25 lbs less than a gas mower, pushing it uphill seemed OK. Mowing along the side of a hill wasn't difficult due to the light weight.

I'm impressed with the simplicity of this mower. You literally just drop the battery in and go. Height adjustment is very easy. I'll update my impressions when I've had more experience. So far I'm very happy. Anything that improves one's attitude toward otherwise grueling yard work is a good thing. Glad my gas mower died!
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote