Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #191
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Lets correct one thing .
They have a line out the door on Saturday and Sunday in the summer and some of the spring and fall weekends , short of that its no problem to get in and in the winter the turn rate is probably nothing to get excited about .
The owner probably does just fine for himself.

The food is " as expected " just good home style stuff but nothing to get all hot about or drive 10 miles for . Its served on those plates they use in schools .

The credit card is just a side note and we all know that "cash business " and not paying all your taxes go together , I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS NOT PAYING THEIR TAXES , but just think about it .
Didn't want to make a post on this topic but I did want to reply to Billy Bobs thought that being a cash business lets us be loose and easy with our taxes.
Not jumping on BB at all.....many people think that restaurants skim off a little mad money and they do have a good point about not taking cards.
We,and most other restaurants have a POS system (Point of Sales) Every order goes into kitchen and onto our central computer ..... our taxes are paid on the total sales.There is absolutely no way to manipulate or change any figures.
I've had random audits over the years,once by the IRS and once by NH Rooms & Meals and let me tell you that those guys know the business.They can tell from your check average,food cost and water consumption almost exactly what your sales should be.
Sorry about the credit cards.I know we could do a good deal more business if we took them and that day will come.
But for now....life is good.Mortgage paid,great crew,get to go to Florida in the winter when it's slow,able to keep prices reasonable (not planning an increase in 2016) Don't make a ton of money but enough to enjoy life.
Thanks for all the kind words and support.We love what we're doing.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: