View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #37
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Maybe you missed this article:

Offshore, a new focus on safety
The push is on to curtail drinking and boating

(Article text removed for clarity and because APS only pastes what he WANTS you to see! PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK (or the www.boston.com link below) to read the complete, un-expurgated version.)

Sarah Schweitzer can be reached at schweitzer@globe.com.

© Copyright 2010 Globe Newspaper Company.
Single Page 1 2

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...cus_on_safety/
APS, I'm getting caught up on the various boating threads and I can't help but notice, considering how much of that Boston.com article you cut and pasted, I find it interesting you completely ignored this paragraph (quoted below for those that didn't read the entire article);

Quote:
Observers say that two key moves could dramatically decrease boating fatalities: increased use of life jackets and boating education. According to Coast Guard data, two-thirds of victims in boating fatalities drown, and only 10 percent of deaths occurred on boats where the operator had received boating safety instruction.
Was that just an oversight on your part or did you intentionally skip it because it doesn't mention speed limits as a key issue?? Knowing your penchant for cutting and pasting, I'd have to guess it was intentionally ignored! Not surprising coming from you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfeboro_Baja For This Useful Post: