View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 02:32 PM   #24
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Cruisers are a close-knit society. Always ready to help each other. I've met many of them during my travels in Mexico.

I mostly sail in the ocean and motor on The Lake. The West Coast is boring compared to East Coast cruising...More little nooks and crannies.

William F. Buckley had a 71' ketch. He once commented sailing in the west was going around in circles between Hawaii, Seattle and San Diego...Boring!
We have inspired a few couples in our marina to try the live aboard life, and them and other couples to try cruising more than they ever did before. We have led a few group cruises and they are a blast. We are planning to lead a big group cruise to P-Town, CuttyHunk, Battleship Cove, Newport, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, and Boston Harbor next Summer. Should be a fantastic trip. We have everyone convinced to anchor or moor as much as possible, which saves a fortune (up to $450 a night per boat for a transient slip in many places) and leads to much more interesting sights. We love marina life, but when we leave the marina, we don't want to go to another marina, we want to see whales, dolphins, sharks, ospreys, secluded beach "shenanigans", forts, light houses, etc. Anchoring and having a dinghy allows for that.

Last edited by Dave R; 10-28-2021 at 05:15 PM.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: