Thread: Walmart
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
cillovely

The grapes were on sale at Shaws down here too, I don't think it has anything to do with Walmart.

Anyhow we have a place in Florida and shop at the local Walmart all the time when we are there, the produce is as good as any other store. And now I have a super-walmart with groceries closer to me here at home. I do go up there now and then to shop, not my full on shopping, but if I have to pick up a few things it's nice to be able to do the one-stop-shopping thing. And thier produce/food seems just as good as any of the other supermarkets. Pricing, well I think no matter where you shop, you need to be able to shop around. Some things will be more at one store than another but they will have things cheaper than the other stores. Walmart's meat prices are way too high. I recently took a trip to Market Basket to see what the hype is, and yes a lot of things were cheaper, but I found other things there cost the same as rival stores and some even more. Sadly for me, it's a 17 mile trip one way to the closest one so that's eating up about 5 bucks worth of gas, there goes my 4% overall savings that they give. Where Stop and Shop gives the gas points and I recently saved $1.60 per gallon. You have to do your research, it can be exhausting.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cillovely For This Useful Post: