View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #61
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
OK, I see you are referring to oil burners. I am referring to gas. No issue there.

As far as builders and developers are concerned, you are absolutely right about cutting cost. You will see inefficient HVAC on all new construction unless the homeowner request otherwise. I see a lot of homes built along an existing natural gas pipeline, not being hooked up. Builders do not want to go through the hassle and inspection of gas lines, but rather put in oil. Again unless the home owner asks.

A lot of homeowners believe the latest RBC includes energy efficiency. Unfortunately it does not. Its up to the homeowners to work with the builders if they want 5 star efficiency.

I talk to one well known builder/developer who claims to be the 'Premier Builder in the Lakes Region' about why the homes he build are not efficient.
'Why pay the additional expense, if the new owner is going to sell the home eventually. After all you can't take it with you and oil is cheap!'
No, I was referring to the on demand gas boilers that hang on the wall. I've never seen a suitcase style oil burner that hangs on a wall. Do they even have them?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote