View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Right and wrong again....Submarine sailors in genearl are called bubbleheads, as referenced in one of my posts to fellow bubblehead lawn psycho.

However Fleet Ballistic Missile submariners have a specific nickname known as "Boomer" sailors, a reference to the 16 or 24 ballistic missiles their particular boat class carried.

As a submarine sailor or "bubblehead" you had two career paths you could follow. Lawn Psycho chose to go the "fast attack" route and I chose to be a "boomer" sailor. That is how we in the submarine world differentiated between the two significantly different classes of submarine service.

See what you learn when you when you delve deep into depths of the posts here on Winnipesaukee.com!
Right and WRONG Again....??

How am I wrong? I guess I don't get it.

I was stationed (Navy) at SuBase, NLon when SSBN 645 was launched at EB. I was enlisted.. as you were. My Rate was OM1. I am proud to have been a part of the Support System for the "Boats" at SuBase. I also worked on the diesel boats as well. Remember them...? WE were a team then. Just sayin. NB