Thread: Nolans
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 11:09 PM   #37
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
My expectation is that, when schools reopen on a reliable schedule, people will re-enter the workforce and things will even out again. This will take 2-3 years. In the meantime,. the birthrate continues to be low. Even if it changes, it will tale 20 years for new babies to enter the workforce.
As much as we may be apprehensive about "illegal" aliens, we may need them in these entry level positions. Currently , Afghans who speak English should be highly employable. 'Nuff said.
It is the training and knowledge that takes a long time. The employees, other than retirees, are not leaving the workforce... just taking their skill set with them to an employer that provides the right ratio of pay/benefits, hours, and working environment for them to be happier.

When employers have the upper hand, many employees will do things they are not passionate about to make a living. We joke that this is the ''You will pay me just enough not to quit, and I will work just hard enough not to be fired'' model. That model is currently broken.

So my replacement is coming along quickly... but there may not be the passion that I had for the job. Hard to know for sure.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: