View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #39
rrr

A vendor was taking us on a lunch cruise that day - what a great day for a lunch cruise! It was departing from the world trade center - in Boston, which is very close to Logan. So when I heard a plane hit the world trade center - I'm thinking Piper Cub, and Boston. They turned on a TV in one of the conference rooms and just as I was about to sit, the second plane hit - that was all I could bear to see. I went back to my office just as they announced the building was being evacuated (federal building and proximity to Logan). I got a call from my husband assuring that we were both okay and both headed home. Good thing because after that it was difficult to get through on the cell phone.

When I walked into the building that morning (about 7:15) I flashed my badge at the protection officer. When I left 2.5 hours later, there were metal detectors and x-ray machines set up and ready to go! That was scary.

I remember thinking it was a beautiful day, and I could get so much done. When I got home and turned the TV on - I was glued to it. The only time we moved was when we heard F15's scramble out of Hanscom.

The coworker that was going on that lunch cruise with me suffered a fatal abdominal aortic aneurysm 6 days later.
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote