View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #85
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
About 7-8 years ago our septic crapped out (Ha Ha!)! During replacement (not cheap) we were told it was too small for the three bedroom house (35 years old- didn't someone mention somewhere about contractors cutting corners?). I don't expect we'll sell anytime soon, but I hear what you're saying.

OK- next size up!

Like others, it's just the two of us full-time. Reading other threads on this forum made us change from three year cleaning to five year cleaning.

I admit, waiting for Spring (the first five-year clean) started to make me a bit nervous.

Butt- All's well!
I just did mine a few years ago because I bought the place 6 years ago and there was no info on when it was last done. I bought it with no home inspection because I made an offer at a steep discount so I took the risk, a big risk.
The cleaning and inspection was fine but every 5 years is what I will do from here on in. My system is also 35 years old. If I ever decide to sell I will deal with the septic testing at that time but I've had no issues so far.
What I was told is it's not a bedroom unless it has a closet, not sure if that's legally true.
When I bought the place the room on the first floor was called an office because it had no closet. Then I finished the attic over the garage, into what I call a bunk room, which also has no closet.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: