View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #47
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
My first couple of pontoons (Manitou & Premier) had covers exactly like this. See pic of my Manitou taken 2008 / 2009, I had my Eastern then too. Yes you can do this and it certainly helps a lot but if your asking me would I take this setup over my Eastern...not a chance!

There is nothing like a hard top, hard side helm with wipers on your windshield in bad weather. No snaps or zippers to deal with, just jump in and go. The Eastern is our primary island boat as well as my primary fishing boat that is a real weatherproof workhorse that we count on to get us to our island home in any weather every single day.

I absolutely love tritoons also and will probably always have one and yes you can certainly get by on an island with that as your only boat with a setup as you describe....it would not be my first choice though.

Now if we are talking sunset cruises, general entertaining, water sports and having fun zipping around the lake...there is nothing like a tritoon with heavy horsepower!

Dan
Dan....hahaha Yes Dan I agree. Sunset cruises with windy days or cruise the entire lake on a hot summer day like we did last weekend. I agree with you. We have a enclosed t top for bad weather off the island transport to our mainland dock. But it isn't a totally enclosed Eastern which I would never take many friends out in a hot summer day cruising. I'm not comparing it to an Eastern or any totally enclosed cabin for cruising. We were just comparing toons Where would a windshield wiper go on a toon? And when you say there is nothing like a tritoon with heavy horsepower. I agree that is what we have. We have a Benny that can take the highest HP rating. I sold my 32' Scarab that I use to race Off Shore for a Bennington Tritoon.

As far as your enclosure on your tritoon it is nothing like we had custom built by Ship Shape. Just one example your helm enclosure looks like it is totally enclosed. Your not able to get any ventilation on a very hot day. On ours the total enclosure zips down where there is no enclosure. And i see the same for every seating position inside your enclosure. That is exactually what I didn't want. I saw what the manufactures were offering similar what you have and I did not want to be in that enclosure on a hot day. So with what we came up with in our design we can go cruising on hot or cold days with 12 people having their choice where they want to sit to be comfortable. I wouldn't expect your Eastern could have that many people enjoying a cruise around the lake in any kind of weather. But don't get me wrong. I had a 30' Eastern on Lake Erie that I loved. It is all about how we feel comfortable with where you boat today under the current weather conditions.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote