View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #44
P-3 Guy

Default Lovejoy Landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
parking has become a huge problem at Sheps. There seem to be many long term trailer parkings in the upper lot and the lower lot is almost always full in early season. This began when the ramp become free so maybe its just more people launch there now that they can save $20...I was just shocked how crazy that place is coincidentally when launching became free.
Parking has been a big problem at Lovejoy Landing for a long time: when the town was collecting a launch fee, before there was a launch fee, and obviously now during the summer season.

Quote:
Obviously Sheps won't invest any funds to improving parking (even though that also benefits their customers...a little. Since the town no longer draws revenue...I can see why they wouldn't pay to expand parking. Like other launches on the lake...it is becoming unusable after 9AM on weekends.
Without a zoning variance or some kind of deal with the town, Sheps has no option to expand parking on land owned by the business, even if they were willing to spend the dollars to do so. They have already maxed out the allowable lot coverage (30%, I believe, in the Shoreline district).

Quote:
Now with slips disappearing...there will be an increased need for parking trailers etc by the island residents. I'm not sure what agency would be willing to bear the burden of another parking lot on the north side of Lovejoy Sands Rd.
Last I knew, the vacant land on the north side of Lovejoy Sands Road is owned by Sheps, and as noted above, current zoning regulations do not allow the business to improve any more of their undeveloped land.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote