View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #19
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschisk View Post
Sorry I missed that part of the question - we are coming from Manchester, up 93.
So certainly a part of our concern is the driving time, and then the boating - we have teenagers, people coming and going, so the easier for boating at night, in the rain, etc the better. I should add, we tried valet the first year and it did not work well for us!
So if you come up 93, and presumable come in 104.... Besides Sheps, as they aren't renewing your lease, check with Y-landing, Meredith Marine, Thurstons, and Winnisquam marine (formerly Channel)..... They are going to be your closet bets to what you are used too.....

Quayside, will add another 20 mins of car time, and probably about that of boating time over you current situation....

MVYC, Fays, and Silver Sands are also other alternatives, as have been mentioned, and coming out of Manchester, you might find a better driving route.

I would not consider Harilla's landing, as was mentioned, the car drive time would be 30 mins longer, and to make the boat ride short you would have to cross the broads.... however you could make a longer boat ride when in rough weather, by going down through the six pack, under the bridge, cross the borads at that end and scoot over behind bear passing by Sheps.... over Harilla's for you location, just doesn't make sense....

While in one of your posts, you mentioned valet service hadn't worked out in the past, it is likely your most economical alternative, and likely you best chance for being ensured a spot.... Not all Valet services are the same. Harilla's with the current management company is great I know plenty fo satisfied members..... I have also heard good things about Fay's valet service......