View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #32
Nadia

Wink No Smoking

As Mike Ray said there is no smoking allowed inside the Weirs Beach Lobster Pound. Smokers may be seen outside the building, or on the decks. The kitchen is located in the far rear of the building, there is no way patrons would be able to see anyone smoking "near the kitchen" even if there was anyone doing it. It's possible someone may have lit up on the deck and tried to stroll back inside with their smoke. They would be asked to extinguish the cigarette upon entrance by any staff member, and the entire scenario is highly unlikely, but it could happen. Especially someone looking to the bar for an ashtray. I remember being in this position as someone who owned a busy restaraunt. A very large group of devoted customers...some who smoked, some who didn't. Some weren't offended by an occasional whiff coming through the front door when people were piled up out there smoking, and some who refused to walk within 200 feet of a lit cigarette. It's tough. You love all your customers, and want all to feel happy and comfortable. It's difficult to find a happy medium because smoking is pretty taboo. We never want to make decisions that favor one group. Smoke tends to linger and seep in, especially when people are smoking at the front door and patrons walk in, a gust of smoke may follow them in and linger temporarily. I don't own the Pound, but being familiar with it's floor plan and the habits of it's patrons, my best suggestion is for those who are completely, 100% intolerant of smoke, asked to be seated in the middle of the dining room. Away from the front door, side doors, and any decks. I guarantee you will not get a whiff.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote