View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #16
jetskier

Post Tried them tonight

We decided to try the Lobster Pound tonight and judge for ourselves. I will give you my (hopefully) unbiased opinions. First, the establishment was pretty much full by around 7:00 pm. We did not have to wait for a table when we arrived at 6:00 pm, but there was a waiting line when we left.

We did not see anyone smoking during our stay and the service was prompt and cheerful. Overall, I felt the the prices were high for the quality and quantity of food. I will tell you what they were so you can judge for yourself.

We had a shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were huge and well prepared ($13.99 for 4 shrimp).

The lobster on the menu costs approximately $25 for a 1 1/4 lb lobster and $49 for a 2 1/2 lb lobster (they do have sizes in the middle). I opted for the baked stuffed in the smaller size. The baked stuffed adds $6 to the price of any size. The meal includes a small salad and a few sides (cole slaw, potato and corn). First, I would recommend against the baked stuffed as the stuffing is pure bread crumbs and butter. Not worth the extra money IMHO unless you are trying to put on weight for that upcoming Sumo match. The lobster was well prepared except that baked stuffed usually means that the body contents are removed and replaced with some type of seafood and bread crumbs. The body was split but not replaced; breadcrumbs and butter were placed on top and baked.

The side portions are extremely small. The salad and coleslaw are particularly little.

The service was prompt and friendly. So, my overall opinion is that the prices are on the high side, some of the portions a bit skimpy. Food quality was good (not great) and the service was very good.

Just my 2 cents (actually a lot more than that tonight )

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote