View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
CateP

Default 2016 Sailing Trip- 6 Days on the Lake

Hi all--we recently ended our annual sailing trip round the lake and I just got back to my computer to post the episodes of our trip. This year we decided to take our trip in June versus August because of wind...little did we know how much wind we would be dealing with.

Day 1
We left Wolfeboro Bay around 4:30 p.m. after taking our time stocking up the boat for our 6-day journey. Since this was our third year doing the trip we were much more efficient with packing and planning meals.

We have a huge cooling compartment under our chart table in the cabin that holds 25 lbs of ice and one ice block and all our refrigerated items. This keeps everything cold for 2-3 days in summer heat. We pack most refrigerated items in small plastic bins with covers. Also lots of ziplock bags that mush down. Our dry goods are stored in milk crates and kept in the aft berth as well as a large, deep compartment next to the stove in the galley.

Our boat is equipped with a house battery that charges under motor and we have a dual USB port to charge phones and the iPad that we use to watch free downloaded movies from Amazon Prime. We use the Bizer iPhone app to navigate to areas we are unfamiliar with and I can't recommend it enough.

Light winds out on the broads forced us to motor to our first destination for our first night...Welch Island.
Attached Images

CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post: