View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #149
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
Sounds to me that it is a lose- lose situation for businesses in NH. If they require patrons to wear a mask, do most anti maskers decide to follow the store rules or go elsewhere with their business?

For businesses that do not require masks, non-mask wearers will utilize their services, however many customers who would otherwise have done business with them decide to not shop at those stores.

Which choice would you make if you were the business owner?
I think there are more people who will go with the flow than you think. If the business requires masks, the majority of anti-maskers will abide. If they don’t require masks, many mask wearers will go in with a mask, perhaps waiting until the business isn’t crowded. Businesses may still see lower numbers than in 2019, but I think most will see an increase over last year’s sales.

Can someone remind me what phase NH is in? Is social distancing still required in restaurants? I’ve been in Florida for the majority of the pandemic. Requirements vary by county, and since I’m in the Four Corners area (where Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Polk counties meet), the requirements differ amongst places I frequent. Even within the counties, different businesses have different requirements. Few restaurants are social distancing. I do what I am comfortable with by observing what’s going on within each business. At this point, that includes going to and partaking in karaoke. That’s because I am a social creature and need that interaction. What good is a sound body without a sound mind?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app