Thread: Computer help
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #29
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Everything go OK with the set-up of your new Dell?
The new Dell is unpacked and sitting in the corner. It still has the plastic "seals" over the optical drive(s). I haven't plugged it in yet.

I only ordered one combo optical drive but there seems to be a trap door for a second one...It may be empty. There was no packing slip in the box so I have no idea exactly what's inside the case. Some stuff was listed in the confirming "Cryptic" email. The important stuff was listed by name and number, (on the outside of the box on the shipping label) AND in the email, but all the prices listed were less than I expected. The Free TV was listed as $199. I'm guessing that the whole thing is some kind of Dell accounting scheme. Overall, I paid about $200 less than I expected.

Its been 7 years since I set up the current Studio XPS 435 so with my lack of Current knowledge, I'm thinking I'll likely take both computers in to my computer repair guy to set it up and transfer the important stuff.

Maybe he'll take the TV in lieu of cash. I doubt it though. He's likely in business to generate cash..not barter.

Either way, I'm just not looking forward to the hassle. Maybe next week. The current computer has been working acceptably since the new one arrived. NB

PS: The new computer is much more powerful than the old one but is 3 inches shorter in height..16" Vs. 19" high.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post: