Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #255
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Against my better judgement I'll respond. I think I've made my point quite clearly that most wait staff, especially in the lakes region, are in the lower, if not lowest tax brackets, some probably don't have to pay tax at all if they are part time. Yet they have the maximum tax withheld from tips, at least this is done in Massachusetts as I said before. That's an unnecessary burden, were everyone who worked required to have 39% of their wages withheld regardless of income level there would be a revolution.

You apparently think anyone complaining about anything regarding taxes is a scofflaw trying to get out of paying taxes, it's tiring and honestly, while I understand there are crooks out there, frankly they are few and far between. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that they are honest, rather than assume all people who deal in cash are crooks and cheats.

The IRS and state tax people are quite adept at finding cheats and scofflaws and wringing what they owe out of them, unless of course, they are politically connected.
Sorry but you are wrong on the bolded. They are taxed at whatever withholding rate (number of exemptions) they select on their W2 (or is it W4?).

You are also wrong when you said I think that anyone complaining about taxes is a scofflaw. I am just trying to clear up misinformation.
With that said, my opinion is that all people who earn income in the USA are legally obligated to claim 100% of that income.