Thread: Abandoned Cats
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Chickie

Default Abandoned Cats

A disturbing situation involving a number of abandoned cats in the New Hampton area has come to my attention within the past few days. This information was relayed to me by a resident who lives in the area and are the facts as she knows them. It seems a home owner recently passed away and authorities discovered upwards of 15 - 25 cats in the home. They were let out of the house and are presently roaming free in the woods along the roadside to fend for themselves. The Humane Society was purportedly contacted, but they have done nothing to rescue them (perhaps due to overcrowding at the shelter, I don't know). They are not wild, ferrel cats, as they have had human contact and most are very friendly and social. If the local shelter is full, perhaps other shelters in the area might be willing to accept a few each to give them a warm place to stay and proper nutrition. Concerned people in the area have brought food out to them to ward off starvation, but it is probably not adequate for that many cats.

Does anyone on the Forum know more about this situation and whether there are any plans in the works to rescue these poor animal? It is very sad and distressing.
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chickie For This Useful Post: