View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 10:04 PM   #41
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
The costs get built into the system.
Everything from service to the house to every meal you eat out to every gallon you pump and so on.

Town energy use and services... all that gets built in through taxes.
Again, those with more than enough money dont care, and it will not impact them.

Only the truly poor, the working man and retiree's on a fixed or limited budget ever suffers this cost.

I suspect the homes running massive flood lights 7/24 will never care about the cost.

The best reasonable argument for shutting off unnecessary exterior lights, is that they significantly annoy neighbors and upset their sleep. And if the goal is to put them on timers and have them shut off after some reasonable hour, one can only hope most would think that reasonable.

And thats just exterior lights, not lights inside the homes that still can be seen for a good distance across the lake if the windows dont have drapes or blinds of a sufficient quality. You have a whole other challenge getting people to shut of their interior lights.

But to just tell people you dont want them to ever run exterior lights after Labor day, or any time unless they are actually in the yard or doing something like unloading a car is not likely going to happen. Too many just wont care that some people just dont ever want exterior lights operation or interior lights left on that are viable to others at some distance.

Me thinks this subject has been beat to death and then some. Good luck to those looking to turn back the time machine to days of less illumination. I personally dont fear I will be left out on a darkened lake any time too soon.