View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #34
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
Sure the virus is real. Also sure is masks don’t have any appreciable effect as borne out by current numbers. Getting the vaccine and continuing to wear a mask “as long as you have to?” That’s just sad. Is there any unconstitutional government overreach to which you won’t capitulate? Putting the word rights in quotes is telling. We would really be helping each other if we all stayed home. Why not do that? Everyone wants it to go away and every forum member is glad to hear when others get the vaccine. But some people would wear masks for five more years if the government suggested it miiiight help. The country was founded because Americans didn’t just accept temporary government rules like the Stamp Act, quartering of troops, tea tax, etc. find your spine. Think, just don’t feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Just like the vaccines, nothing is 100%, including masks. Even N95 masks are 95% effective, wonder where the name comes from. Everything we do, is to speed up the burn out. Masks have been used for a century in the medical community to REDUCE the spread of germs.

This is a good quote I found.

Quote:
Swiss Cheese Model – Slow The Spread
Think of each coronavirus mitigation strategy as a slice of swiss cheese. Each one- handwashing, mask wearing, social distancing, disinfecting, and testing- has holes. They all offer some level of protection, but none are 100% effective in stopping coronavirus spread when used alone. When used together, those strategies provide multiple layers of protection. It is like stacking slices of swiss cheese. One slice has multiple holes, but as you stack slices, there are fewer and fewer holes through the block of cheese, which helps to slow the spread of the virus. Using multiple strategies will help fill the gaps, and better protect you and your loved ones.
If the government asked me to wear a mask in public, for the greater good, I would.
If the government asked me to stay home for a year, I would.
If the government asked me to risk my life and go to war, I would.

Yes, I would wear a mask 5 more years if that is the general consensus and government requested.

Seems like a mask is a pretty small inconvenience. Nobody loves wearing them.