View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #30
Trail Goer

FLL is going to be sad to learn that the "seldom used and ugly railroad tracks" that he has referenced over and over, could very well see and uptick in traffic in the foreseeable future, and I'm not talking about the scenic railroad operations either. I'm talking about that tiny little freight railroad, call New England Southern, who holds freight rights on those same tracks and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Vermont Rail System (VTR). They've already signed on a new customer, who will be shipping 40 car trains of aggregates 3 to 4 days a week, out of Tilton, NH. Last I heard, they are hoping to get those trains rolling by the end of this summer. With VTR, aggressively pursuing other potential customers north of the lake and with CSX, looking to purchase Pan Am Railways. NH will have direct access to a Class I railroad for first time. That will improve shipping rates and over all transit times, while eliminating a middle party from the picture. For once in many, many decades, this state will start to look attractive to potential businesses, if that purchase gets approved by Surface Transportation Board.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trail Goer For This Useful Post: