View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #29
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
I normally buy green firewood a year ahead of time. But with construction and this being our first, full winter here, find myself needing a few, dry cords to get through the rest of the winter.

We see trucks for A1 Firewood on Rt 153 all the time. As they are close to us, I'm going to give them a call. Anyone here have any experience with them?
If you strike out check out Providence Firewood. $300 a cord and it is all kiln dried. Regardless of what someone says it is going to be tough to get actual seasoned firewood especially with the cold year we are having.
Good luck either way.

I have a neighbor who sells firewood and claims it is seasoned. Trouble is it sits in log lengths and there is no way wood is going to be dry when it sits in log lengths until it is cut, split and delivered all the same day. He does not pre-cut & split any of his firewood.
Hardwood can take up to a full 2 years to become dry. I'm burning wood that was cut 2 summers ago and it still has moisture in the pieces I did not split.