Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #275
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
As I understand it, Class 2 NH roads are the very common, numbered local roads that go all over the state, and are not the limited access interstate highways like Route 93. Locally, NH Routes 3-11-25-28-49-104-109-113-132-153-171-175 and others are all class 2 roads.

So, your bicycle exclusion suggestion would basically ban bicycles from pedaling the 97-mile circle loop http://www.winnipesaukee.net/lakes-r...ound-the-lake/ around Lake Winnipesaukee.

What I suggest is raising the gasoline tax by ten cents/gallon as a serious effective way to pay for maintaining and improving the NH road system which includes both Route 93, Class 2 roads, and rail/trail bicycle paths including the Concord-Lake Sunapee Rail Trail ...... www.facebook.com/CLSRT/ and here in the lakes region ...... the www.wowtrail.org.
That's right ban bicycles on all roads where the speed limit is over 30 MPH and there is no shoulder to ride on. It's all about safety and "for the seniors and children". How many more must die?

Every bicycle in the state should be registered if not ridden on it's owner's property just like OHRV's and a $200 trail development and maintenance fee assessed per bike is a good starting point. Probably enough to at least hire all the hack state workers to oversee the program and pay them a six figure salary as minimum wage simply won't do.

When is the state finally going to slap registration fees on anything that floats? I think a good $100 flat fee per vessel would be prefect.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: