View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

I was somewhat skeptical, but Eastern installed a new Viessmann Boiler last year at no charge under the service contract.

Cobalt

Was this a wall hung or conventional system?

Wall hung systems were developed for radiant heat not baseboard and in my experience, shows that they are eventually destroyed by the higher heat needed for those systems using BB. Wall hungs must condense in order to not be destroyed from within, that means they must operate at low temps. The concept is wonderful, but the reality is painful! Wall hungs are a 10 year boiler that are very expensive to service properly, which by the way almost never get done properly even though you believe they had( yes that is a strong statement I will stick by), while a conventional system can last 20+ years. Any company is only as good as the tech they send out. By the way I just retired from the HVAC field and have seen and heard it all. The one thing I've found is that homeowners are gullible and are easily led into a false sense of security by the ones they should be on the alert about. The biggest lie is that wall hung boilers are better than the old boilers that were the main stay for over a century! For those wanting to replace a boiler Energy Kinetics System 2000 in my opinion is the best boiler out there and their condensing boiler is far superior for baseboards use that any other! Then again ... I am bias... I actually cared about the customer AFTER the sale and always wanted for them to have the best system available. That doesn't mean there aren't good systems out there, but no wall hung would ever be on my list.
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote