View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #154
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Seems to me that the Winni.com poll was thoroughly and credibly discredited a couple of weeks ago on this forum...some link to a site which described basics of polling(polling 101 )that said self polls have no validity whatsoever...some heated discussion between ELchase and a teacher who didn't seem to believe in science. In any case, I'll put my trust in the ARG poll which seemed to be taken using valid and accepted statistical methodology and it seems to pretty much agree with what people feel along our shore and around town.
Not true Sunset. You have your head in the sand. I have said that I put as much faith in the polls on this site as I do a statewide poll of people who have no idea what a boat looks like in person. You and others have deluded yourself into thinking that the users, vacationers and residents of this lake overwhelmingly support this law. You are so wrong it is scary.

You question my intelligence and my belief in science? Science? So you put your faith in that statewide poll? It is laughable.

My position has been stated so clearly a child could understand it. You and others continue to dismiss my intelligence over this. I could really care less but I will tell you that you guys look pretty silly hanging on to that statewide poll as your evidence for a speed limit on Winnipesaukee. The beauty here is I really don't even need to say much you do all the talking for me by admitting your faith in that poll.

To reiterate my position in plain English. I put as much faith in the polls here as I do in the statewide poll. What does that mean to those who need it spelled out in plain English? They both have big time major flaws. They both prove nearly nothing. Other than the fact that our polling sample is far more educated in the field of boating.

Anyway keep on deluding yourselves that people in the area support your silly law. I gave you an example a while back and I urge you to try it. *Note- this only works if you do not reveal your position.* Randomly ask as many people in the area as you can about the law. Over the last 6 months I have not spoken to more than ONE or TWO supporters of this law in person. Curious huh? Where are they all??? Are they all hanging with the Obama supporters???? Hiding in shame???
My unofficial polling sample included but was not limited to:
Gas Attendants, Waiters, Waitresses, Business Owners, Random Tavern Patrons, Neighbors, Marina Sales Staff, Marina Owners, Arcade Patrons, Car Show Attendees, Store Clerks etc. etc.

Where are all the supporters. I swear to GOD I could not find them.
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: