View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #43
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
It's the President's (any President or executive, not just Trump) job to make the right decisions in the midst of good info and bad--that's how we judge our leaders. We look back at the Depression, and we say Hoover was a fool, and FDR was brilliant. We applaud Lincoln for saying to his cabinet (something like) "well it's 12 votes to 1, and the 1 has it..."

Trump has shut down the world's greatest economy, throwing millions of people out of work, leaving people hungry and broke, endangering our entire way of life. I think it was the right thing for him to do. But you appear to be deeply critical of his actions which are historic in scope. That's how I conclude that you must think he's a fool.
Your meaning is well expressed, and taken.

I would suggest that the President's job, however, is to make the BEST DECISION (not RIGHT DECISION he/she can make) based on...

Also- Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the Civil War. Some called it treasonous. This, too, was/is historic in scope. Considering the times, was this the RIGHT/BEST DECISION? Was he a fool?
The Following User Says Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: