View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
sa meredith

Default Maybe

I don't get it...if the docks are full...at capacity...no more room...why would the buisnesses give a hoot as to where the money is coming from?
In fact, I would submit, a weekender is apt to spend more money at a restaurant.
But..off topic anyway.
I would again asked to have it explained to me, absent an emergency, why an island resident should have priority...let's say, be able to pull in and dock, enjoy breakfasts at George's, while I wait my turn. Doesn't add up.
I would assume island residents carefully consider these things before they purchase land, and become accustomed to working around such things.
In all my years on this forum, I don't ever recall RG or RG or IG complaining about docking...and they seem to get around quite a bit.
The tax thing??? No, not really...unless it is for ALL MEREDITH residents...as I am quite sure the taxes are higher for a water front "main land" resident. If the docks are labeled...Meredith Residents Only...I'm with you.
As for groceries, and everyday things...I would think island residents plan ahead very very carefully...and thoroughly.
Got an emergency, or a young child that needs something quickly...please take my spot.
Waiting in line to grab an ice cream/cold beer/lunch/breakfast??? Please wait your turn.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote