View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
wMw

Default Lots to think about

Between having to get a new transmission in my car (Ughhh!) and being too busy at work, I haven't been online for a few days. Thanks for the many responses. Yes, lots to think about.

kjbathe...You are right! I shouldn't get involved in a plan that requires more spending...and your idea for me to ask my buyers for a smaller amount if they can't make the full monthly payment is a very good idea that I had not considered. I will present them with this option the next time we get together.

fatlazyless...I've never been a very good salesman...I always hated the door-to-door stuff they made us do in school. HeHeHe...of course the kids today don't have to do that. The mom's and dad's just take the stuff to work and try to get their co-workers to buy all those cookies and magazines. I did actually consider taking Charlene's course a few year's ago but decided I wouldn't be happy trying to sell, sell, sell. But I guess the commission on one of those mega-waterfront homes would be more than I make in a whole year at my current job.

Just Sold, RLW and Woodsy...My house would be an easy divide (assuming that I planned to include utilities in the rental portion to avoid splitting out the electric and the heat), just two walls about 5 ft wide. The main expense would be adding a 2nd kitchen. I did talk to someone in city hall a while back about this and was told that I could do this but I would need to get a variance. The house is on city water and sewer so there is no septic issue. I'm a bit intimidated by the rules and regulations because it is not clear to me what all the legal steps would be. I do realize that sometimes the different departments you have to deal with at city hall don't always seem to be working together.

Acres per Second...I am leaning towards the "Moving out and finding a small winter rental " option and renting out the whole house, even before talking to the rental agent. I have tried having housemates. It is hard to find someone that is a good fit. I did have good luck with some of the foreign students that came into the Weirs a few years ago. I didn't take any in last summer because I thought my house would sell and then they would have had to find another place to live.

I imagine you are assuming I'm single because if I weren't there should be another source of income coming into the house. Yup! A 2nd income would solve the problem, but I can't see getting married just to get the bills paid. That might bring some bigger headaches!! and I don't have a boat, but I love your camper idea.

Thank you all for your input.

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!

Last edited by wMw; 11-16-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Just trying to make it a bit easier to read
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote