View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #53
Biggd

Thanked 1,072 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
I beg to differ. With rare exception all of the restaurants in the Lakes Region cater to the simple folk with easy to understand comfort food menus. As to price incase you have not noticed the $5 haircut has also disappeared. The locals do not dine out in sufficient quantity to allow simple places to survive on cheap prices. However, I have found that the 7/11 1.99 cheese burger is outstanding for the price and McDonalds will still fill you up for under $10 a person.
I agree. It's not easy to run a restaurant and it's even more of a challenge in a seasonal area like the lakes region or Cape Cod. The price of food has shot up considerably in the past 10 years. If you want cheap eats, go to the grocery store and cook it yourself. Personally I don't mind paying if the food and the service is good. I've heard many people complain about the Common Man restaurants but overall he has a good business model and runs a tight ship which is a difficult task when you have that many places. I've run my own business for over 30 years and if there is one thing I've learned is that you can't please everybody. If you're successful that means you've pleased the majority.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote