View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 11:06 AM   #31
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
I would go with mini splits, solar , and Rinnai wall units.
We plan to put Solar in regardless of which heating we go with. If it’s feasible. We have a LOT of tall trees around the house. A few are coming down for construction. We will see how it looks once those are down. I think before trees were down not quite enough sun was getting in. Now with a few down it looks promising. But a couple more are coming down, now that house is out of the way. Roof angles for panels will be tricky too.

I know about the Solar shingles, which as far as I’ve researched are just not practical yet. Prices are staggering. Probably over $100K at least for Tesla installs. And you’d probably have to wait a year or two to get installed.

What Rinnai wall unit you referring to? For hot water?

If you’ll notice we didn’t put a fire place / chimney. But we were thinking of a vented propane stove. But after seeing old house burn to a crisp we are having 2nd thoughts of any propane. It really really hit us both. Maybe eventually I’ll be brave enough to post some photos, unless it’s your own it Matt not impact you like it did us. Never expected to feel like this. When you see smoke billowing out of the bedroom you slept in it’s scary. Even though it was all planned. But you can see what can happen. In just 1 year we were sentimentally attached. That’s just how we are.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote