View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 04:20 PM   #27
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Great house! Gorgeous but not flashy, and I'm guessing from the photo you'll be able to integrate it well with the land. Are you going to be able to keep the young trees right next to the house, or is that a vestige of the other property?
Those young trees are actually from the house photo I cut from. We actually had some similar trees in and around the old house, but they have to come down for construction. The property is LOADED with trees. 450 ft of frontage, mostly untouched. Can always put a few trees back, but I don't care for trees to close to the house that can later be towering monsters. They just cause too many problems and not safe.

There will be quite a disturbance in and around the house for construction. Most likely will need blasting. I was talking to our landscaper about restoring the natural landscape. He said he gets lots of requests like that around the lakes and he said it's VERY hard.

I love the yard because it's zero maintenance. Even the leaves just magically get blown out and leave the pine needles. He suggested not bothering to do any landscaping for at least a year and he'd research more how to get that natural landscape back. I love not having to cut a lawn or use any chemicals to maintain a lawn.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote