View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #27
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I am on the North east side of LI, between the bridge and the six pack. So a fair amount of action. I kept my ski, on whips for the 6 or 7 years I owned it. As someone mentioned you get a scum line just like you do on a boat. But after that I had no issues. The whips kept the ski off the dock, and two lines kept the ski centered. There was very little stress on the dock or the ski, unless the rare big boat came plowing through.....

If I had to do it again, I would likely do the same thing.... While lifts are nice, they have their issues, like getting them in and out of the water yearly. If you have a shore front that goes nice down to the water it is likely no big deal... If like me you don't it just another thing to lift and carry....

As far as concerns with leaving the jet ski in the water on whips... There is no concern, people like to say there is but they really don't understand what they are talking about. I would protect my boat on a lift before I would worry about protecting my jetski on a lift. Your boat can also sink because of seals.... Both Jet skis and boats sink, because of seal failures.....