View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #80
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You know that a 14' v-hull open boat will have three thwarts or bench seats, so is very doable to install six oar locks with six wood oars for a total of three rowers to row the boat ...... all together now ...... gently across Lake Winipesaukee ..... row, row, row.

The real problem with this shortage of public dock space is NOT that the docks are too small. The real problem here is that the boats are too BIG.

A 14' v-hull open boat is perfectly capable to go anywhere on the lake, and can be either rowed by two or three, or motored by one. Is a little large for one person to row except for a short distance but it is good to row for two or three.

A 14' v-hull aluminum boat with nothing in it including no motor attached and no gasoline tank weighs about 225-lbs for just the boat. It measures 14'2' x 5'2"-transom with a mid-section beam of 5'6" and has three thwart seats.

Not only is it relatively easy to dock it at a crowded public dock, it gives the boaters the good health benefits or ROWING ....... something you do not get with a 27' motor boat. ......
I suppose I could liken it to typing nonsensical posts, maybe we should limit all posts to 256 characters and one post per day.

But then I think all that typing some people do might be good exercise and it helps boost their total number of posts while burning more calories to help control "fat-headedness" so maybe we should just allow them to keep posting as someone must be the biggest blowhard and in order to maintain that status they need to maintain their health so typing may be part of their workout.

In the end, only those stupid enough to read such peoples posts AND respond to them are are suffering and its truly a self-imposed injury, as said by the idiot responding ;-)

Now I must move on to try to save the world from some other social injustices.

For Duty and Humanity!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote