View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #51
Cal Coon

I hate to say this, but the reality is that the town docks just aren't big enough for the amount of traffic it carries (mostly) on weekends. I don't think Monday through Friday is as much of a problem, but we all know for a fact that wkends are a zoo!! I don't think it matters how much you expand any docks in any town on the lake, it will never be enough (on weekends), and you obviously can't enlarge the lake. It's not the money, or who pays for the expansion, it's the congestion that's the problem. It's the same problem Boston, and the surrounding areas have experienced since its settlement. It was originally built for horse and buggy. It was NEVER meant to carry the amount of traffic/congestion we have today, same as the lake. The difference is you can "expand" the roadways, byways, and highways surrounding the city, even though that creates it's own set of nightmare problems in itself, and will probably never be "big" enough to handle today's congestion anyways. The only "solution" to this problem on the lake, is to set limits on something, (ie: number of boats allowed on the lake, size of boats allowed on lake, etc,etc...), which we all know will most likely never happen as long as we remain the "live free or die" state. So, in the end, there really is no solution to this problem that keeps everybody happy, unfortunately. Someone, or something will have to suffer. I hope I'm wrong, we shall see. My own personal solution to this problem is to stay away from town docks on weekends. It works great!! I don't want to go places on my boat that i can go in my car...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote