Thread: pandemic
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:26 PM   #43
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I’m not leaning one way or the other on this. I’m simply sharing things I’ve heard and hoping to learn from additional contribution of others. I am not going to simply shut down the opinion of another’s because it doesn’t align with mine. When we silence our critic we deprive our self the opportunity to learn from them.

8 months ago people from one side of the isle did not trust the thought of a vaccine and people from the other side did. Eight months later and there has been a complete flip flop by both sides

This world is filled with brilliant people. Some of them have good intentions, others not so good! Please share with me the reasons I should have absolutely no concern of danger from the vaccine. Also please share exactly all information required to be given before the vaccination was administered. I’ve never had a flu shot so I’m somewhat naïve to the process. Was it the same amount of information or more?

If a microchip was created so small what is the intention for its existence?

I used the Internet for the first time in 1979. If I had told you then that within 20 years every single piece of your personal information, And behavioral habits would be accessible to anyone who wanted it, you likely would have called that a conspiracy theory as well.. if I had told you a year and a half ago that today you’ll be walking around society hidden behind a mask, how would you have responded?
Totally agree that we need to listen to all sides of the story and need to listen to alternative opinions. My brother-in-law and I are polar opposites, but I do listen to what he says, and we agree on fundamental points. I wish he did the same, but since he once called me Madam Mao, I don’t think he does.

If the reason why “isle” comes up when you meant “aisle” is because you’re using speech-to-text technology, please go back to typing for yourself. It would be the second incident in this thread where it failed. And because you brought up the concern about microchips, why would you rely on speech-to-text when someone could be listening in?

As for the size of microchips, the smaller we get technology, the better it is on some fronts. I used to work on algorithms for satellites, so interacted with the engineers who designed them. The smaller we can get those birds going into space, the better. Not to say that some people couldn’t decide to use them for nefarious purposes, but their original development isn’t typically for bad reasons. That’s the nature of our species to warp good things into bad.

I worked with a man who thought 20 years ago that the internet should be left to the scientists. I thought he was crazy and elitist at the time, but part of me thinks he was correct looking back on it. As for masks, if you told me a year and a half ago why I would be wearing it, I would be fine with it.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app