View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 06:42 PM   #42
XCR-700

Many interesting perspectives.

Mine is that compared to some places, Winnipesaukee docks are ridiculously under capacity.

From what I can tell, that is mostly driven by the people who live there, they just dont want the traffic. And as the residents of those towns, I think they have a legitimate say in this. This is to some degree in conflict with the state position on access to public waters, but we could debate that one until the forum blows up.

Bottom line, most towns on Winnipesaukee will not ever be making significant capacity changes to public dock space, even though demand for such space will never be met.

Its an unfortunate conflict.

As others have said, most disappointing is the behavior of too many boaters using these docks.

I will even give a pass to the totally incompetent, as they are not intentionally acting badly.

Whereas some boaters are quite clearly and intentionally arrogant, inconsiderate, and dangerous. Given what I have seen over the years, I'm surprised there has not been some really violent altercations.

I hope to never witness an actual brawl or shooting or worse, but based on what I have observed, I feel certain its just a matter of time. And I do believe that even a modest of increased dock space would help make a big difference.

Any more than that is probably not practical as just doubling the length of the docks will not help, the space between most of the Winnipesaukee docks is just too narrow for todays boats. And I dont see any town ripping out all their docks and building completely new docks.

Well thats my 2 cents worth.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote