View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 05:24 AM   #32
jeffk

I found the easy way to deal with crowding is to adjust your schedule. Go to town for breakfast and then wander around and shop. Or go over around 10, walk around and shop, grab an early lunch and done. Or go over at 2, grab a late lunch and shop. Avoid major holiday weekends completely.

As to all the money to be made, while I may be in Wolfeboro many times during the summer, I rarely buy anything but meals or ice cream. I don't need souvenirs or "lake" gifts/decor, having most of what I need already.

I would ponder whether most visitors to the lake actually travel by boat? Even if they rent a lakeshore home, do they have a boat or do they travel around by car? Most people that visit are not staying where they could leave a boat in the water all week, even if they have one.

To finish it off, since I live here, I almost never go boating on the weekend anymore. The crowding on the lake is insane and boaters that understand and obey boating laws and observe courtesy seem to be almost extinct. Common sense is VERY uncommon as you see people tubing their kids on plane through a crowd of other boats that are zipping in all directions. I might do an EARLY breakfast run on the weekend and then off the lake until the weekdays.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote