View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #46
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
How about a enclosed 27' tritoon from helm to the stern. I designed it to have zipper curtain openings over helm along every sitting compartment having it's own zipper opening. Never have to put on the heavy mooring cover. Just zip up each panel encloses from front of the helm back to stern. Forward I still cover the front seating areas. Takes five minutes.

On a hot day unzip the enclosures and you have free flowing air even at higher speeds. Those who only want to sit out in the sun just move forward to the forward seats. Those who don't want wind or sun sit comfortably in the enclosed area. The helm can have all the wind or just zip up to fully enclosed or partial wind. Nice thing about this custom design enclosure it extends the boating season from ice out to late fall. And i never have to fight the big mooring cover. It is really cool looking because I had it designed so that it is all clear with very few seams. Ship Shape did the work for me and were so thrilled about the design they have pictures of it on their studio walls.
My first couple of pontoons (Manitou & Premier) had covers exactly like this. See pic of my Manitou taken 2008 / 2009, I had my Eastern then too. Yes you can do this and it certainly helps a lot but if your asking me would I take this setup over my Eastern...not a chance!

There is nothing like a hard top, hard side helm with wipers on your windshield in bad weather. No snaps or zippers to deal with, just jump in and go. The Eastern is our primary island boat as well as my primary fishing boat that is a real weatherproof workhorse that we count on to get us to our island home in any weather every single day.

I absolutely love tritoons also and will probably always have one and yes you can certainly get by on an island with that as your only boat with a setup as you describe....it would not be my first choice though.

Now if we are talking sunset cruises, general entertaining, water sports and having fun zipping around the lake...there is nothing like a tritoon with heavy horsepower!

Dan
Attached Images