View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:36 AM   #34
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Borrowed a neighbors pontoon a few times, not sure on size maybe 21ft. They are ok, if you want to putt putt around. But when you want to really get somewhere they typically have no windshield and you get wind blown. Also awkward to cover. I think Winnipesaukee needs a "Deep V" of around 23ft or more. Realtor took us out on a 25ft Cobalt R5 to see island property. Really nice boat. Went through the broads like silk, but it was a pretty calm day (during the week) but there was still a 1ft chop on the way out and 1-2ft on the way back. That would not have been fun on a Pontoon or on a full inboard ski boat like we had. We had a Deep V 18ft I/O before the inboard ski.
I have a Formula on 'pesaukee. There is nothing like it anywhere! I'd give it a test drive. Expensive but worth it. The 260 SS or BR is perfect, even on rough days!

'Toons are popular on 'squam. I have a 20' Bennie with 150. Great for watersking but hardly a wake boat. At my age I like put puttering around a calm lake. The kids, grandkids love the sandbar scene. Nice on a 'toon. If I have a need for speed the missle is a must have on 'squam!

As SNoel says sell high and buy low! I know a property sold for 300K in 1998, sold for 1.3 mill in 2006, auctioned off in 2009 for 700K, listed but not sold in 2018 for 2.3 mill. Market is a yo yo!