View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #97
CowTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB View Post
How about our annual 4th of July invasion of the Hispanics from Lawrence and Lowell to the Weirs??? I love the idea of the Hispanics honoring the 4th,but to come up here and take over the beach for the day, and spend nothing at the local shops is a bit dicey.
Winni Bob - do you want to build a wall around the Weirs? Every person—regardless of their ethnicity, race, or town they live in—has just as much of a right to enjoy the Weirs as you or any other old white man, myself included. What does ethnicity have to do with anything? The fact that you even felt the need to mention ethnicity or towns speaks volumes—and not about these fellow human beings you callously refer to. I would venture to guess you never even had a conversation with any of these people in order to have any factual basis for your statement that these human beings “invading” “your” Weirs are even from Lowell or Lawrence.

There comes a point where this whole concept of “unconscious racism” should just be called what it is - racism.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post: