View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #97
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717
"...I have a better chance of being able to avoid a accident...at 45 than a sailboat does at the same speed..."
Gotta agree with you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
"...Ryan D. Winslow, 24, had been piloting a 21-foot boat near Bolton Landing just before 2:30 a.m. Sunday when the boat struck a diving board extending from a dock, police said. The impact broke off a piece of the
boat's metal tubing, which struck Winslow in the head..."
So? A 21-foot Baja flipped in Lake Cumberland's rough water, "rolled violently side to side, killing the sole Poker Run participant. The Poker Run wasn't halted. http://lakecumberland.com/forum/post...epquote=160596

Last line? "He died doing what he loved"

For the victims of these two non-collisions, I'm saying "Live Free or Die", although Shane's family—and Ryan's—might not agree.

It's when innocents get injured or killed that communities of families can be expected to express their outrage.

Indeed, it is a citizen's duty to change things that go so wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
"...You didn't answer my question, which I suspect is because you saw my point and had no logical response..?"
I saw your three points; however, a tragedy on the ocean is still a tragedy. For those having an excessive amount of "acres per second" coefficient, there's a lot more room on the ocean for ocean-racer antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
"...are you so entrenched in this mentality that these GFBL boats don't belong on YOUR lake that no argument will change your mind...?"
It's not just my argument—and not just my lake:

Quote:
"Lt. Pat Dorian of the Maine Warden Service told the Boston Globe that communities need to come to a consensus to support greater enforcement -- as well as possibly restrict watercraft and motor size."
—ABC 8-WMTW Online

Last edited by ApS; 10-22-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Tidy, and add missing URL which went AWOL.