View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
winnipiseogee

I've used a company called Wallace Building Products out of Danbury NH before. They build your frame in a factory here in NH and then bring it over in panels on the back of a flatbed. A small crane shows up and 24 hours later your house is fully framed and reasonably weather tight (I don't think they do windows or shingles)

You could probably get a bid from them to come and do the same for you without including a GC. Then you'd just need a sitework and foundation guy to get it ready for the frame.

A friend of mine did something similar and bought a low cost, small, used RV which he parked on the property to have a place to sleep. I was shocked at how cheaply he was able to build his house.

Most contractors add a 20% markup plus all of the value of your free labor. I'm guessing the savings would be substantial. Every contractor I know is slammed right now. Also, I've been able to save a good bit by telling contractors that I don't have a set schedule and allowing them to fit me in between other jobs.

Best of Luck!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote