View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmass View Post
We are looking at having a new home built in Meredith next fall. We currently have two local builders quoting a finished 1,730 sq. ft. retirement home for us stick built. I have had a great deal of experience in my 30 years as a home owner at interior and remodeling work like flooring, tile, painting, cabinets and plumbing. I would love to have a turn key finished home but I am starting to get fearful of not being able to swing the total cost all at once. Since I am still working for another 4 years I was thinking perhaps I could have the house framed with heat and one working bathroom and I could work and finance the completion of the interior over time myself with an occasional sub if needed. What would the cost difference be between a finished turn key home and a framed home per square foot?
It is very hard to say without a lot more information such as excavation required and interior and exterior finish choices. A complete turn key could be anywhere between 125 a square foot and 250 on upward depending on choices
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: