View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #144
fatlazyless

Say, the Ellacoya RV Campground costs $47/night to rent a spot that comes with hook-ups, and rv-ers can always chose to go to one of the 23 different campgrounds in the White Mountain National Forest for $16-20/night without any hook-ups.

The Ellecoya RV Campground occupies a large field type area that is almost totally treeless except for the beautifull large pin oak trees http://www.earlyforest.com/2008/09/p...-oak-tree.html which are close to the natural sandy beach waterfront, and the rv campground area which is very very flat and very level. If I had my druthers.....what an ideal location for tennis; like maybe ten rubberized asphalt, all-season tennis courts, two with lights, and a small tennis maintenance building with a covered picnic table area. Introducing the Ellacoya State Tennis Courts...........a little drum roll here......budda-bing......for some nice new, blue and green rubberized asphalt, very low maintenance tennis courts! Let's lose the rv campground and get healthy running around those new tennis courts and smacking a tennis ball with a tennis racquet. Tennis is a sport you can play till you are 99 years old!

Tennis and sailing go together very well as a complimentary sport with skiing, as in the nearby Gunstock Ski Area! RVer's need to head north for 45-minutes up to those 23 federal WMNF campgrounds that go for just $16 or 20/night. $47 to stay overnight at Ellacoya State RV Park.....that seems very expensive to me!