View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #48
ApS

Post Speaking of Rattlesnake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
"...The races must have been very cool from our spot..."
I only discovered the event was taking place because my cottage began shaking.

They were very cool, but it was more of a parade than "a race", and were quite distant from "your" side of Rattlesnake Island. To watch, I chose NOT to anchor, but floated next to a one anchored boat and a Lake amphibian aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
"...The closest I've come to a race our various poker runs. This year it was quite fantastic seeing so many boats coming down The Broads all at once. I snapped a few pictures, but didn't the best vantage point - need to get higher next time..."
The very best vantage point is where I snapped a few pictures four years ago—stopped—and right in the middle of 'em!

I had taken my smallest powerboat, and elected to row the ¼-mile home for the exercise. The MP made a stop—of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
"...All in all things were a lot quieter this summer. I like to think the SL is a big part of that but who can say? I do think the SL is at least a little part of the improvement..."
I'd agree. Those who speak of "rampant" sales of properties around the lake need to look again at those properties most effected by the SL.

Right in the middle of the lake—Rattlesnake Island—has many fewer "For Sale" signs than in previous years.