View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #98
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Evenstar, I find it funny that you blast all powerboaters on Winnipesaukee about speed limits in past posts and you don't even claim Winnipesaukee as your home lake. You should be staying out of this website. You can't take a joke.
I have never "blasted all powerboaters on Winnipesaukee about speed limits." That is a completely false accusation. And I have as much right on this website as anyone. And I can take a joke - but I don't consider insults to be jokes.

Quote:
I am furious that I can not enjoy my hobby of bare foot skiing because of the speed limit.
Why can't you enjoy your hobby? You'll just have to do so at a little slower speed.

According to the American Barefoot Club: In the United States, USA Water Ski sanctions more than 50 barefoot tournaments each year. . . . Barefoot water ski events – wake slalom, tricks and jumping – are similar to the three events in traditional water skiing. Differences arise in the speed of the boat and the skier (depending upon age division, barefoot events are sometimes faster, with a top speed for the Open Division of 43.2 mph).
If competitions are limited to a top speed of 43.2 mph, why can't you enjoy your hobby at speeds up to 45 mph?